TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- ‘The Company’ is Claremont Marquees and or their subcontractors or agents.
- ‘The Hirer’ is the person hiring the equipment from the Company.
- ‘The Equipment’ is all items provided to the Hirer by the Company.
- ‘The Period of Hire’ means the time commencing with the arrival of the equipment on site, and terminating when the Equipment is removed by the Company.
- ‘The Hire Agreement’ is the contract entered into by the Hirer and the Company.
These terms and conditions apply to all contracts entered into by the Company unless otherwise stated in the Company’s written quotation. Any offer of equipment is subject to stock being available on receipt of an order.
Unless otherwise stated in the Company’s quotation
- The marquee will be available for use only on the hire date.
- Furniture supplied by the Company will be left stacked in the marquee unless otherwise agreed and quoted for. If our staff are asked to set up furniture when there is no agreement to do so, a minimum setting out charge of 15% of the furniture hire charge will be levied.
- Delivery charges are for weekday delivery and collection. If no delivery charge is quoted we have offered you free delivery and collection (for this quotation only) during normal weekday working hours. Weekend, out of hours & timed delivery and collection will attract an additional charge.
- Call outs will be invoiced according to the scales on our helpful information page sent with your order confirmation.
DUE TO THE CONTINUING GLOBAL PANDEMIC we are currently prepared to vary our normal terms below. If you feel it is appropriate please discuss varying the terms with us as we may agree different terms for you. All other terms and conditions will remain unchanged. If no such variation has been agreed the normal terms below will stand.
Normal terms: For orders placed more than 2 weeks before the hire date the Hirer will pay a non returnable deposit of 20% of the total hire charge as detailed in the quotation at the time of the order with the balance of the total hire charge due before commencement of the Period of Hire. For orders placed later than this the full hire charge is payable at the time of order and no refund will be made in the event of cancellation.
In the event of cancellation of any part of an order (even where a deposit requirement has been waived) the cancellation charges detailed below will be invoiced immediately. Payment will be due before the date of commencement of the originally contracted Period of Hire.
- Cancellation of any part of your order more than 28 days before the commencement of the Period of Hire – 20% of the cancelled equipment cost.
- Cancellation between 14 and 28 days before the commencement of the Period of Hire – 50% of the cancelled equipment cost.
- Cancellation less than 14 days before the commencement of the Period of Hire – 100% of the cancelled equipment cost.
- Equipment sub contracted from other suppliers may be subject to greater cancellation charges. These charges will not exceed those stipulated in our contract with our supplier.
- Invoices may be sent up to 14 days before your event or sooner if requested. Please note that in the event of cancellation of your order (or any part of it) after an invoice has been sent the full invoice amount will still be payable.
The Company’s quotation for hire charges is dependent on a level firm site being provided, with easy access for commercial vehicles. The Company cannot be held responsible for damage to concealed or buried pipes, cables or other services or features unless their positions have been clearly marked on the site by the Hirer. The Company cannot be held responsible for damage to garden furniture, ornaments and other items which should be removed from the site before we arrive to commence erecting or clearing the equipment. The quotation for lighting or power is made on the assumption that a suitable and sufficient power point is available within 25 meters of the tent. The Company reserves the right to erect, dismantle and remove the Equipment from the site at its convenience. The hire charges do not include any repairs or making good that may be required to the site.
The Hirer shall provide the Company with a plan showing where he requires the Equipment to be erected, or alternatively shall have a representative on the site for that purpose. Otherwise, the Company will erect the Equipment where it thinks fit, and a further charge will be incurred if the Hirer wishes the Equipment to be repositioned. The Hirer is responsible for obtaining any site permits that may be necessary.
The Hirer is liable for any loss or damage to the Equipment during the Period of Hire. If the hirer has paid the damage waiver (as detailed on our quotations and confirmations) this loss will be limited to a maximum of £500.00 provided our insurers accept liability. Linen, tableware and some other items are not insurable and the Hirer is responsible in full for any loss or damage to these items. (No amount is included in the damage waiver calculation on our quotations and confirmations for these items.)
If your order includes linen this must be returned dry. Wet linen can quickly develop mildew which may not be removable – if this happens, or cloths are in other ways irreparably damaged you will be charged full replacement costs. If your order includes crockery and glass, this may be returned dirty but all food should be removed. Broken or missing items will be charged at full replacement cost.
The Hirer shall ensure that the marquee is empty (excepting the Company’s equipment) before the Company arrives to clear the marquee. In the event that a marquee is not clear, the Company will where possible clear the marquee and a further charge may be made. This condition should be noted particularly when the Hirer has hired additional equipment/furniture from other suppliers. If it is not possible to clear the marquee an additional Hire period will be charged for. The Equipment must be in the same condition on collection as it was supplied in. Cleaning and damages will be charged for at cost.
The hirer must allow our crews access to toilet and hand washing facilities. If this is not possible we must be informed at the time your order is placed and an additional charge will be made for the provision of site loos.
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
The Company will not be responsible for, and the Hirer will indemnify the Company against, all claims for injury to persons, or loss of, or damage to, property, however caused, unless it be proved that such injury or damage resulted from faulty material, workmanship, or negligence on the part of the Company.
Whilst every effort will be made by the Company to complete any orders, the company cannot be held liable for non-completion of orders due to matters beyond its control.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF CLAREMONT MARQUEES PLANS & LAYOUTS
CLAREMONT MARQUEES plans and layouts carry automatic copyright regardless of whether or not they show the copyright symbol.
CLAREMONT MARQUEES plans and layouts are schematic only.
ANY SCALE SHOWN is for information only and should not be regarded as accurate.
DUE TO THE SCHEMATIC NATURE of these plans no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage resulting from their use.
CLAREMONT MARQUEES WAIVES their copyright in all cases where customers and or venues wish to copy plans for their own use or for the use of their customers, provided these further customers are not themselves event planners or event contractors.
COPYING OF PLANS FOR THE USE OF OTHER EVENT PLANNERS OR EVENT CONTRACTORS IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN WITHOUT OBTAINING A FURTHER FORMAL COPYRIGHT WAIVER FROM CLAREMONT MARQUEES.